Intense Pulsed Light (IPL)
IPL Laser Rejuvenation
What is it?
Light therapy designed to treat pigment, sun damage, broken capillaries, rosacea, acne, and overall skin rejuvenation. IPL photo-facials reduce the appearance of visible damage caused by sun exposure known as photoaging. The light emitted from IPL is converted into heat and destroys the unwanted pigment. The body then removes the damaged tissue naturally.
Face, neck, chest, and hands can be treated using IPL. A series of 3-6 treatments is recommended every 3-6 weeks.
Who are candidates for this treatment?
Those who are looking to reduce the appearance of pigment, sunspots, age spots, redness, broken blood vessels, rosacea, acne and acne discoloration.
How to prepare for treatment:
- A test patch will be necessary prior to beginning IPL treatments in clinic.
- Avoid direct sun exposure for at least 4 weeks as well as throughout the entire treatment series.
- Daily use of SPF-30 or higher.
- Avoid creams or other products that contain vitamin A, such as RetinA, or glycolic acid.
- Review both prescriptions and non-prescription before treatment as some of these may cause photosensitivity’s.
Contraindications for this treatment include;
- Current or history skin cancer, or pre-malignant moles.
- Pregnant or nursing.
- Recent sun exposure (within the last 4 weeks).
- Epilepsy or similar chronic neurological disorders.
- History of light induced seizures.
- Any active skin condition in the treatment area, such as sores, eczema, rash, fragile, swollen, burnt or injured skin, active acne, rosacea, dermatitis, psoriasis, or active Herpes Simplex.
- History of hormonal or endocrine disorders (Polycystic ovary syndrome or diabetes, unless under control).
- Use of photosensitive medications (Ex. Isotretinoin, Tetracycline) within 6 months of treatment.
- Immunosuppressive diseases or use of immunosuppressive medications.
- History of keloid and hypertrophic scarring.
- History of bleeding coagulopathies, use of anticoagulants or heavy aspirin use.
- Blood disorders
Our highly trained professionals provide you with an individualized treatment plan to ensure you receive the best results.